Sunday, June 20, 2010

I have Natural Black Afro hair, do you think it is safe for me to go to Retail hair chains to get a

I'm black and I am not acting funny, I just wonder if you think it is safe to let a white stylist cut my hair. I dont want an ellaborate style I just want to take about 2 or 3 inches off the ends evenly all around. I'm thinking of going to a place like Borics, Fantastic Sam's, or Hair Cuttery. What do you think? Please dont say Im racist or foolish because I'm not. I just wanted some advice before I get my hair cut.



I have Natural Black Afro hair, do you think it is safe for me to go to Retail hair chains to get a trim/cut?

I'm natural as well, I think it would be fine, only if you know the reputation of the place. See if they have experince with natural afro hair, not just AA hair. It's known that a simple trim can turn horribly wrong, plus you also really can't go wrong with a Barber shop.



I have Natural Black Afro hair, do you think it is safe for me to go to Retail hair chains to get a trim/cut?

I wouldn't. I'm white and I've been to those kind of places and have gotten horrible haircuts! I dont think most of them have training in cutting African American hair. If you do try to go to a place like that, I would ask if anyone there has training with your hair type.



I have Natural Black Afro hair, do you think it is safe for me to go to Retail hair chains to get a trim/cut?

If you're just getting a trim you should be fine. But there's nothing wrong with asking before hand if there is anyone in the salon who is experienced wih cutting your hair type. My mom is white but she has naturally curly hair and she always asks for someone who knows how to cut curly hair before she makes the appointment.



I have Natural Black Afro hair, do you think it is safe for me to go to Retail hair chains to get a trim/cut?

I totally understand...It should be OK...just make sure that ..



whom ever trims your hair dampen it a little (not soaking wet) before they start cutting. I've been to Fantastic Sam's for a trim a couple of times...Not bad at all...Good Luck



I have Natural Black Afro hair, do you think it is safe for me to go to Retail hair chains to get a trim/cut?

No go to a place that handles your hair type. You can even go to a barber shop and have them care for it. Don't forget to keep that hair oiled.



I have Natural Black Afro hair, do you think it is safe for me to go to Retail hair chains to get a trim/cut?

I wouldn't, not if you care about your hair at all. The only way I would say go for it is if there happened to be a black hairstylist working there that had at least a year or two experience or some one with years of experience cutting your hair type. I'm white and worked in a chain for a very short time. They aren't allowed to turn you away even if they know they don't know how to cut your hair. They try their best but when you don't know what you're doing you simply don't know. I'd make sure to see someone with a few years experience with your hair type before I sat down in a chair if I were you.



I have Natural Black Afro hair, do you think it is safe for me to go to Retail hair chains to get a trim/cut?

Heck no. They do not cut people of color hair very well at all. Everyone that I know that did, came back piss off. They ruined their hair. Go to a black salon please...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Why my cat is bleeding inside her ears